Announcement of University of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (Preparatory) on Recruiting Domestic and Foreign High-level Talents in 2021
I. University profile
Located at Qingdao National High-tech Industrial Development Zone, the University of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences is a state-owned university jointly established by China Disabled Persons' Federation, National Health Commission of the People's Republic of China and Shandong Province.
The construction of University of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences has been successively included in the Outline of the 13th Five-Year Plan for the National Economic and Social Development of the People's Republic of China and other three national plans. The University of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (preparatory) was officially inaugurated at the Global Health Forum of Boao Forum for Asia on June 11, 2019, and then included into the Outline of the 14th Five-Year Plan for the National Economic and Social Development and Long-term Goals for 2035 in March 2021.
The first construction phase of the university covers an area of 1,360 mu, with a floor area of 530,000 square meters. It will be completely delivered for usage at the end of 2021. The university plans to enroll 10,000 students, including 5,000 undergraduates and 5,000 postgraduates, and it has collaborated with Shandong University and Capital Medical University to recruit 26 doctoral candidates in 2020.
Based on serving national strategies and the requirements of "a high starting point, a high level, and internationalization", the university insists on taking global visions, international standards, Chinese characteristics and an open model. Featured by the discipline of rehabilitation, the university is committed to becoming a new type of high-level university based on research and oriented by application.
We sincerely welcome domestic and foreign high-level talents to join University of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences to create a better future together.
II. Recruiting disciplines
(I) Rehabilitation Therapeutics
Including but not limited to the following disciplines and directions: Human Movement Science, Human Auxology, Neuroscience, Rehabilitation Assessment Science, Kinesitherapy, Physical Therapeutics, Occupational Therapeutics, Clinical Rehabilitation Science (covering skeletal muscle rehabilitation, neurological rehabilitation, mental rehabilitation, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, child rehabilitation, etc.), Hearing and Speech Rehabilitation, Rehabilitation Psychology, Rehabilitation Assistive Technology, Traditional Rehabilitation, etc.
(II) Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering
Including but not limited to the following disciplines and directions: Life Sciences and Medical Foundation, Bioinformatics, Genomics, Genomics and Technology, Biophysics, Biostatistics, Information Science and Technology, Biomechanics, Biomedical Information Acquisition Processing and Regulation, Biomedical Sensing, Biomedical Modeling and Simulation, Medical Image Processing, Biomaterials, Tissue Engineering, etc.
III. Recruiting positions and requirements
1. The applicant must love the cause of higher education, observe laws and disciplines, and strictly comply with academic ethics and professional ethics. He/she must hold a doctorate degree, at the age of not over 55 or higher if he/she is particularly excellent.
2. The applicant must be a candidate shortlisted for China's national talent plan and program (including youth), and has obtained a title of associate professor or equivalent position from a domestic or foreign high-level university or scientific research institute, or is a domestic or foreign scholar with equivalent capabilities.
3. The applicant has achieved academic results with important influence, and has significant academic influence and sustainable development potential in the discipline, with the ability to lead the discipline or related research directions to reach the international leading level.
(II) Associate professor
1. The applicant must love the cause of higher education, observe laws and disciplines, and strictly comply with academic ethics and professional ethics. He/she must hold a doctorate degree, at the age of not over 45.
2. The applicant must be a candidate shortlisted for the provincial or ministerial talent plan and program, and has obtained a title of assistant professor or above or equivalent position from a domestic or foreign high-level university or scientific research institute, or is a domestic or foreign scholar with equivalent capabilities.
3. The applicant has achieved high-level academic results, and is able to organize a disciplinary team to carry out scientific research on frontier fields of the discipline and state demands. The applicant has achieved academic research results with international influence.
(III) Assistant professor
1. The applicant must love the cause of higher education, observe laws and disciplines, and strictly comply with academic ethics and professional ethics. He/she must hold a doctorate degree, at the age of not over 40.
2. Generally, the applicant should have post-doctoral experience, and reach the level of an assistant professor or equivalent position from a domestic or foreign well-known university or scientific research institute. He/she has achieved high-level academic results, and is able to independently carry out scientific research with great academic development potential.
IV. Remuneration and benefits
(I) The tenure-track system will be implemented to hire an applicant as a professor, associate professor or assistant professor according to the evaluation made by peers.
(II) Internationally competitive remuneration and benefits will be provided by referring to positions offered by domestic and foreign first-class universities.
(III) Sufficient scientific research funds and lab space will be provided according to the research plans and conditions of similar labs in the world.
(IV) House purchase and settlement subsidies will be provided according to the types of talents.
(V) The university will assist in arranging work for the spouse of every professor and associate professor.
(VI) The university will assist in enrollment of children of the professors in high-quality schools of basic education in Qingdao National High-tech Industrial Development Zone.
V. Recruiting time
Long-term recruitment is carried out according to the situation of application for each position.
VI. Application method
An applicant should send detailed resume, electronic version (PDF version) of 5 representative works, and research plans to the designated email address of firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject should be “name + position + discipline”.
The applicant must invite no less than 3 peer experts to send their recommendation letters directly to the above designated email address.
VII. Contact information
Contact person: Ms. Ji
Address: Room 2126, University of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (preparatory), 17 Shandong Road, Shinan District, Qingdao